This church was constituted and its first
sanctuary built in 1888 on "Love's Old Field," land donated
by G.M. Love. Charter members were J.J. Kicklighters, the
Dennis Lynns, Allen Lynn, and D.B. Smith, the church's first
clerk. Elders on the constituting presbytery were H.B.
Wilkerson, Bazil Jones, and M.F. Stubbs, the first pastor.
In 1896 the church was one of seven organizing members of
the Bethel Primitive Baptist Association. J. Walter
Hendricks, pastor from 1932-43, became the first president
of Birdwood College, now Thomas College, in Thomasville.
This c.1930 sanctuary was remodeled in the 1960s.
Erected by The Georgia Historical Society
and Love's Chapel Primitive Baptist Church